Southard Beckham Atwater & Berry, CPA, PS provides a wide range of services to individuals and businesses in a variety of industries. At Southard Beckham Atwater & Berry, CPA, PS, we strive to meet each client's specific needs in planning for the future and achieving their goals in an ever-changing financial and regulatory environment. Our professional services include:
- Tax Preparation
- Business Development
- QuickBooks® Accounting Specialists and Service
- Financial Statements
As much as we dislike taxes, we have to live with them, at least for the time being. Our tax preparation services (Federal and State) include:
- Quarterly and year-end payroll tax returns (941/940/W-2s/1099s, etc.)
- Monthly, quarterly and year-end sales/excise tax returns
- Monthly, quarterly and year-end gambling tax returns
- Exempt Organization (990)
- Individual income (1040)
- Fiduciary (trust and estate) income (1041)
- Partnership and LLC income (1065)
- Corporate income (1120)
- S Corporate income (1120S)
- Estate (706)
- Gift tax (709)
- Pension and Profit Sharing Plan returns (5500)
- Tax Planning for Divorce
- Commercial Fishermen
- Tax-Deferred Exchanges
Our goal is to make sure that you pay the smallest amount of tax the law allows. We can do this by upfront planning to make sure that your business is structured in the most appropriate manner for your situation.
Tax and Business Planning Checkup
It is nearly impossible for you to individually monitor the volatile financial markets, changing tax laws, and other developments that impact your personal finances. Our Tax and Business Planning Checkup is designed to help you meet today's complex financial challenges head on and enable you to take responsibility for your financial future. As a partner in planning your financial future, we establish an organized approach to using your financial resources to achieve financial peace of mind.
- Prepare a working statement of your financial condition
- Help you identify your financial goals
- Help you manage cash flow
- Review your insurance needs
- Help you determine educational funding needs
- Minimize income tax liability
- Maximize retirement savings
- Plan for the successful transfer of your business
- Implement an estate plan
- Monitor your investment performance
- Plan for elder care or other special needs
When you get right down to it, there are just four ways to grow your business:
- Increase the number of customers (of the type you want)
- Increase the frequency of transactions
- Increase the value of each transaction
- Increase the effectiveness of your business processes
We can show you how to do these, by showing you how to work ON your business, as opposed to just working IN it. And that difference is the key. After all, if all you do is work IN the business, you really just have a job.
The Business Development process starts with a simple question: "What business are you really in?", and leads through goal setting, customer oriented process restructuring, and identification of performance standards and Key Performance Indicators. These Key Performance Indicators are then carefully measured and monitored on an ongoing basis, with appropriate feedback loops and response protocols.
The result is a business that maximizes customer delight, provides for Team Member growth and job enjoyment, and is more profitable and thus more valuable.
Contact us to discuss how your business, and your life, can be transformed through this process.
Services which help our business-owner clients reach their financial goals and help them manage their overall financial affairs.
- Accounting assistance
- Business profitability consulting
- Wealth creation, retirement plan review and monitoring
- Risk management issues
- Succession planning
- Financing analysis and assistance
- Independent investment performance monitoring
QuickBooks® Accounting Specialists and Service
Have you thought about converting your manual accounting system to QuickBooks®; QuickBooks® Online or other business accounting software, but were afraid you wouldn't have the computer savvy or support necessary to do it right? Are you setup on QuickBooks® but feel you are not using the software to its full potential? We can help. We have team members specially trained in the installation, setup and operation of QuickBooks® accounting software.
Quickbooks® installation and/or setup. We can help you get it set up initially so that you obtain the maximum benefit of the program for your particular business. Quickbooks® Advisors are available by phone or appointment to solve your specific problem.
Payroll Processing and Tax Payment Services
We have recently expanded our services to provide more comprehensive and client oriented payroll processing and tax payment services. Currently, we have team members that specialize in federal, state and local payroll tax laws and regulations. Whether you're dealing with accurate wage calculation, withholding computation, or complex deductions and garnishments, we are here as your full-service resource. Take a look at our newest list of value-added services:
- Electronic tax report filing (for most Federal and State agencies)
- Quarterly and Year-end Federal payroll tax returns (941, 940, W2's, and W3)
- Quarterly and Year-end State payroll tax returns (ESD, L&I, state withholding, etc.)
We offer a full range of financial statement services:
- Business financial statements - compiled or prepared
- Personal financial statements - compiled or prepared
- Projected financial statements - compiled or prepared
- Forecasted financial statements - compiled or prepared
A compilation involves taking your information and putting it into the form of a financial statement. This is commonly referred to as “write-up” work.
As we perform financial statement services, we're also looking for ways you can improve your business.